Sunday, September 14, 2008

Our First Getaway

This weekend my parents came to town to watch Reese while Bob and I went away for the weekend. We didn't go far but since this was my first time to leave Reese overnight that was my plan...just in case I changed my mind ya know:) Although I was looking forward to the getaway I tried to cancel several times this week..just feeling guilty about leaving her and worried that she would scream the entire time we were gone. She was crying when we left so I was feeling kind of crummy but once we were gone and I called to make sure she had calmed down I started to relax. Like I said we didn't go far just to downtown Dallas to stay at Hotel Zaza. When we got there it was raining and ugly outside from Hurricaine Ike so we took a nap. Pretty exciting people we are:) Then we headed to the spa for some pampering and after all the running we have been doing the massage was awesome! After that we ate dinner and saw the Eagles concert. It was a great time away to relax and enjoy each other and a super nice hotel. Thanks Mom and Dad for babysitting.

As usual one of the best parts of going away is coming home! I missed my Reesey P so I couldn't wait to get home this morning. When we got back it was such a beautiful day we went for a walk with the dogs and played with bubbles in the driveway.



4 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

so glad you guys had a great weekend...good for you! and could she be even cuter even though she has on sooner stuff?! :)

at least it isn't ut stuff. :)

Becca said...

See, it wasn't as hard once you were gone. You can always tell new parents, when they go on vactaion, they sleep. ;)

amber said...

Sounds like fun! I've heard fabulous things about Hotel ZaZa:) Reesey P is too precious!!!

Rachel said...

That's great! It's so hard to leave the first time, but it does get easier... C now asks for us to leave so that she can have "privacy" with her nana and grandpa!

Ha ha at Becca's comment... Too true... We just want sleep!!!