Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Good Daddy!

This past weekend we spent the weekend in Oklahoma at my folks. As usual when we travel Reese thinks she gets to stay up ALL NIGHT LONG! After being up all night with her and then feeling like I was getting a cold I was exhausted by the time we got home. On Monday I was scheduled to teach at Strollerfit and we already had plans to attend the Pumpkin Patch so I just went about my day. By the time Bob got home from work last night I did not feel good...you know the sniffling, sneezing, stuffy head, fever, sore throat, you just can't rest kind of sick. Bob gave Reese a bath and then read stories to her before she went to bed so all I had to do was nurse her and put her down.



This morning when we heard Reese waking up over the monitor Bob said he would get her. THANK GOD because I needed just a little more sleep. I still had the stuffy head, sore throat..icky cold symptoms. So when he plops her in the bed with me and walks away as she is climbing all over me and pulling my hair, while squealing with delight I was a little disappointed. Turns out he was checking in with his "crack-berry" and comes back to tell me that he can go to the office a little late so he can help with Reese. HALLELUJAH!! He gets her dressed, feeds her breakfast and then since we usually go to Kindermusik on Tuesdays, he decides he will take her to Kindermusik. Oh Boy!! I was thinking this is not a good idea and I was praying that the other Mommy's would be nice to him so he wouldn't feel totally out of place.


They go to class and he comes home and tells me that he thinks Kindermusik is stupid. I asked him who was there and if he talked to any of our friends and he said no. He didn't know any of the names of people in our class and he said he didn't talk to anyone. I guess I should have prayed that he would be nice to the other Mommy's:)

Each week we have a lesson focus such as "Stop and Go" or "Up and Down" and we lift or move the babies in these motions. So I ask him what was the lesson focus and all I get is a blank stare from him. Hmmmmm

Here is a picture he took with his phone. I have never taken any pictures at Kindermusik because I am usually very busy participating in the class..apparently he fielded a few phone calls from the office as well:)



He did say that although he wasn't a fan of KIndermusik, Reese really enjoyed it and he loved getting to spend that time with her. The best part of all is that I really enjoyed the extra few hours of sleep and I know a lot of Daddy's that would have not taken their kiddos to Kindermusik. So even though he complained about it...I am still appreciative:) All that playing with Dad made for a nice long nap for Reese and I am feeling much better this afternoon. Thanks Daddy for helping out...we love you! Mommy and Reese

6 comments:

Becca said...

Way to go dad!!!! I hope you are feeling much better.

B.E.A.L. said...

How sweet....I hope you feel better. Are you teaching at FAC anytime soon? We miss you guys :)

amy jensen said...

I always get a good laugh from the "bob stories" :) He is so funny! I hope you're taking it easy and get to feeling better soon!

Whitney said...

How sweet of him :)
I love the pumpkin patch pics!

Victoria said...

I got some good laughs reading this entry!!

Kristi said...

It was nice of him to try. Jake would probably say the same thing about Kindermusik. He's more into the bounce house places or gymnastics open gym. We're raising athletes in this house!