Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Almost Done......

I HOPE!! My little painting project of the playroom and Reese's bathroom has grown to include our master bedroom and bath. Yes Bob I got a two for one deal! HA!

The painter came back on Monday to start in both rooms. The furniture we had in our room had seen better days so Bob agreed that we could also get new bedroom furniture. No sooner then he agreed to this I had new stuff picked out (literally)! So last weekend in preparation for the painter we moved all the old furniture out into the garage and all our clothes/toiletries upstairs. I listed all the old furniture on Craigslist and sold it all within 4 hours!! GREAT! Except for now we have no furniture:(

On Wednesday it was in the 80's. It was beautiful outside and Reese and I loved it until we came inside at bedtime to realize that is was also in the 80's upstairs and the AC unit that cools the upstairs was BUSTED! GREAT!

We opened some windows and turned on the fan in Reese's room and she slept just fine. However it was just too hot up there for Bob and I so we decided to drag the mattress from the bed upstairs, downstairs where it was cooler. Since our room was still a construction zone we parked the mattress in the family room right in front of the TV. Personally I thought is was fun...ya know kinda like a slumber party:) Bob was less then thrilled with the situation!


They finished up painting on Thursday and our bedroom and bathroom look so much better. I love it! We are waiting on the new light fixtures for the bathroom to come in on Monday and the furniture and new AC unit arrives on Wednesday and then it should be all done. I'll post some more pictures once it is all done but here is look at our newly painted bedroom with no furniture...

3 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

I LOVE IT! The whole thing...the paint, the hilarious visual of you two hauling a mattress downstairs and the chaos of the whole week!

The slumber party did look like fun and I can't wait to the totally finished products! The paint in the bedroom is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Isn't craigslist great! We sold all of our stufff in 3 days and had nothing for 3 weeks...I ended up selling a few other random stuff too that was sitting around collecting dust! Great way to make some $$ on stuff you don't need anymore!

I love the paint in the playroom and bedroom and can't wait to see pictures of Reese's bathroom! Have fun working on the house! Home projects can be a lot of fun but also a lot of work!! ENJOY!

Rachel said...

I love the new colors! It looks great!

And, gotta love the mattress in the family room... How fun!