Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas with Nanny and Poppy...

My folks came to town last weekend to babysit while Bob and I did a little Christmas shopping and go to his company Christmas party in the evening. Even though they are coming back for a really quick trip on Christmas Eve we decided to go ahead and do our gift exchange while we had more time to relax and enjoy it. I also thought it might be a good idea to spread out some of the new stuff Miss Reese will be getting since Bob's parents are coming to town for Christmas as well.

We started the morning by making pancakes and hanging out awhile before opening presents. Reese could not WAIT and kept getting her presents from Nanny and Poppy and carrying them around the house. I kept telling her she had to wait to open anything but she always knows who can't say "no" to her so she took one to Daddy:) I love this picture..



This is the first year I put our tree in the formal living room instead of the entry way and it was nice to actually be able to sit around the tree while opening presents. I also like being able to see it in the front window from the outside but I'm not sure if I will put it here again next year. What do y'all think??



Reese was so into opening presents which makes it SOOOOO much fun this year. She loved opening her presents...


as well as everyone else's. Good thing Nanny didn't mind sharing her presents too:)


Reese got this super cool suitcase (just like Blakey's) and she is STOKED!! She has been going shopping all around the house with it all week. It also came stuffed with some fun dress up clothes which are a big hit!


She also got this fun basketball goal just like the one at Mygym which Daddy is also enjoying:)



Reese was in absolute heaven having her Nanny and Poppy all to herself all day. I'm pretty sure they may have enjoyed it too and Bob and I enjoyed some time out. We did a little shopping and met up with some friends in the afternoon before coming home to get ready for the party. I was hoping for a good pic of just us but a certain somebody was all about being in the picture which is rare..little stinker!!!


Thanks Nanny and Poppy for all the cool presents and for babysitting!! Love you guys!

4 comments:

Ladybug said...

I think you need *two* trees...one in the entry and one in the living room! :-)

B.E.A.L. said...

I like the tree in the living room. I love all the pics of reesey p opening her presents. the one of her running with her suitcase is greatness!

You look so pretty in the last picture!

Becca said...

That is such a sweet picture of Reese and Bob.

Victoria said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing