Monday, April 28, 2008

My Confirmation

For those of you that don't know I was born and raised Baptist. I was Baptized as a 12 year old after having gotten saved at Falls Creek. When Bob and I moved to Texas and settled on St Phillips Episcopal as our home church I was unsure whether I wanted to simply join the church or take the next step and become an Episcopalian. For the last two years I have considered getting confirmed but I also felt that I had already made the same commitment to God when I was Baptized. Being that Bob is a cradle Episcopalian and we are really happy at our church after Reese was born we decided to have her Baptized in the Episcopalian faith. After having her Baptized I knew without a doubt that I wanted all of our family to be "official" members of the same faith and therefore this past Sunday I got Confirmed by the Bishop. It was a really neat next step in my daily walk with God.

2 comments:

amber said...

That is so cool Becky! I am so happy for you:)))

Bloga Saga said...

No doubt you made the right decision. Any decision you make for the spiritual benefit of your family - has to be the right one.