Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten

Where has the time gone?  I was absolutely not prepared for big kid school to come so quickly. I would give anything in the world to slow time down just a little. In my mind she still looks this this...


The few weeks before school started I was a big ball of tears.  It was a little sad saying good bye to all our peeps at Primrose and Reese didn't really understand that she wouldn't be going to school with those kids again.  Nonetheless, Reese was excited to be going to Gulledge Elementary School and a little nervous too.  We shopped for clothes a few weeks before school started and were already to go meet the teacher.

I was happy to learn that Myrs Myhre would be her teacher because she was my first choice. We visited briefly with her and then found Reese's locker and cubby and then just roamed around the school, checking out the bathroom and library.



Reese picked out her outfit the night before and was up at the crack of dawn on the first day of school. Daddy came to take pictures and go with us to drop her off, we rode in one car because parking is limited at the school. On the way to school, Reese said "you guys are doing a good job getting along!" HA! Baby steps Reese!


Normally the school asks that parents don't come inside but since it was the first day we got a free pass, thank GOD! We put her stuff away and then I was starting to lose it so I hugged her and walked away. She teared up a little but Bob watched her go sit down and he said she was totally fine after we were out of site.


I'm certain this work day was one of the LONGEST ever! EVER! I closed the door to my office and cried a few times and stared at the clock and looked at my mom friends first day posts on facebook, blogs, etc. Since Reese goes to after school care most days, I wanted her to get to go so she was familiar with where to go and the other kids. I was ready to hear about her day so I picked her up about 30 minutes after school was released. She had a great day. She liked her teacher, she was ready to go back tomorrow!

Every first day of school deserves ICE CREAM!

So very proud of my baby girl! Hope you all have a great school year!

1 comment:

B.E.A.L. said...

I thought I was over the first day..but this sweet post brought it all back! Why in the world does she look so darn BIG?!